In the fight against water infiltration, Stevanato had the chance to specialize also in the waterproofing with polyurea.
For this purpose, it uses one of the most modern existing materials: a resin-based sheath that is used by spraying, is rapidly hardened, is waterproof and contains no solvents.
This waterproofing can be hot sprayed with suitable pumps or applied cold using a roller, brush or sprayed.
The waterproofing with polyurea is perfectly adherent, therefore achievable on difficult surfaces such as:
- reinforced concrete
- bituminous sheaths
- grit tiles
- spray polyurethane or panels
The polyurea is applied by using a high pressure and high temperature bi-mixer pump. As soon as the mixture is sprayed, it catalyzes within a few seconds.
During the waterproofing operations with polyurea, the application surface is checked beforehand and it must preferably be rough and dry (maximum humidity 15%). Otherwise, it is prepared in order to obtain a perfect adherence of the new applied material, such as by spreading a primer coat before the application, with the exception of the old bituminous sheaths.
The fields of application of waterproofing with polyurea are:
- walkable or drivable plains
- outdoor and indoor industrial floors
- primary containment tanks for purifiers, underground or above ground
- anticorrosive coating for secondary containment tanks for special plants
- sidewalks, tunnels, road bridges
- open-air fluvial channels
- swimming pools and hot tubs